Housing Justice Dialogues: The Housing Justice Project strives to foster civic dialogue around the issue of housing access. Our Housing Justice Dialogue series have engaged citizens from around Vancouver, generating discussion and new ideas.
- National Housing Strategy Workshop (February 22, 2013)
- Real Estate Perspectives on Housing Issues in Vancouver (November 26, 2013)
- New Models of Adequate Housing Delivery (April 10, 2014)
- The Residential Tenancy Act: Time for an Overhaul? (May 5, 2014)
- Reimaging the City: What It Is and Could Be (May 13, 2014)
Vancouver Policy Papers: The housing affordability crisis in Vancouver is well-documented. The Housing Justice Project has produced multiple reports and policy papers highlighting key issues in the Vancouver housing market.
- Renters Speak Up Report (July 2012)
- Metro Vancouver Affordable Housing Survey Results (June 2014)
- Affordable Vancouver? Housing Issues Backgrounder (October 2014)
- Hot Pink Paper Campaign: Recognizing Women’s Right to Adequate Housing (October 2014)
- UPDATED: Non-Market Rental Housing and Community Amenity Contributions (December 2014)
Legal Rights: One of the three core approaches of the Housing Project is the use of legal tools to leverage the universal right to housing to achieve more equitable housing outcomes for everybody.
- “Charter Eviction: Litigating Out of House and Home” by Margot Young (June 2015)
- Margot Young’s summary and analysis of United Nations Universal Periodic Review events in Geneva (May 2014)
- Housing Justice: A Human Rights Approach (April 2013)
- Submission to the High Commissioner for Human Rights, United Nation’s Universal Periodic Review (October 2012)
- Legal Issues Workshop Summary (May 2012)
Conference Presentations: The Housing Justice Project has made multiple presentations at academic conference around the world, on the affordable housing situation in Vancouver and potential solutions.
- Margot Young, invited panelist, Land Use Planning, 2015 Governor General’s Innovation and Leadership Conference, Vancouver, B.C., June 1, 2015.
- Margot Young, “Two Tales of A City,” Space, Place and Mapping, Canadian Law and Society Meetings, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, June 5, 2015.
- Housing Justice Project: Annual Review 2013
- Just Housing Provision: La Plata Conference
- Models for Affordable housing: ACSP Conference
- A Tale of Two Cities: Pacific Housing Research Network Symposium
- The Right to Housing